The Links ~ Second City

Monday 23 November 2009

The Links

Before we go further, I feel I should address the links that my Manchester friend has been posting. These are for the most part wildly misleading and should be taken with a pinch of salt. Readers can be assured that any links I post will at least be up to date, from a reputable source and relevant. The worst examples I list below.

Manchester University most popular in UK – Link dated 2006 The links to the 2010 University ranking are now widely available but my friend has chosen not to post these. I wonder why not. Never mind, I have them and shall be referring to them in depth later.
Birmingham - Voted UK's Rudest City – Out of date link date - 2005
Manchester - Most creative city – Out of date link - 2003
Manchester - Best for business – Out of date link - 2007
Birmingham - Ugliest city in the UK – Wildly out of date link, the building listed as the most ugly doesn’t even exist any more, I shall be referring to this in a later post.
Birmingham - Worst for Credit card fraud – out of date link - 2007
Birmingham - Worst for pollution – Out of date link - 2007 and wildly inaccurate. The Link refers to the world-wide effects of Global warming and speculates that central areas using Birmingham as an example, will be worst affected. Nothing whatsoever to do with Birmingham itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment